Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Focus on giving great service....


Here’s a tale of two customer service experiences. My old kitchen tv needed replacing: I went to Best Buy and the staff there was attentive, knowledgeable, and engaged – I walked out with a new tv and feeling that they really cared and appreciated my business. Then, like many, I stumbled along trying to get it hooked up: it became apparent the cable box wasn’t working so I took it in to the Cox store for a replacement. It was a Saturday and, not surprisingly, the place was packed: but only 3 of their 8 service stations were open and the people working there appeared as disinterested as could be. There was a digital list of who would be next but the staff seemingly never referred to it, the music was too loud to hear the names they were calling, and they never once made eye contact or smiled. I finally got served but left feeling like they didn’t care about me or my business. Best Buy has lots of competition, Cox does not: end of story. Make sure your employees are engaged and focused on the customer experience today.

Timothy R. Clark: Executive coach and organizational consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loyalty comes from service; and Service starts with a smile...

                                     serv·ice                                                             / ˈ s ə rv ə s/                   ...