Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Do what's right....


Years ago, I took a group of employees on a trip: when driving with them I inadvertently hit another car while parking our van in an airport garage.  Ours was unscratched, theirs was scraped and it showed, and the group I was with, who knew I could just pull out, park somewhere else, and not fess up to the other car’s driver, was anxious to see what I would do. I wrote a note on my business card apologizing and asking the car’s owner to call and put it on their windshield. When I got back into my car the tense and questioning mood had dissipated: they were relieved and knew that my actions had prevented that mistake from turning into a failure of leadership, integrity, and trust. We all knew that was the right thing to do and later when the other driver called he was amazed that someone had done that. We are often faced with decisions that could go either way when nobody is looking: that’s’ the best time to do what’s right. Act with integrity in all you do today.

James Altucher (b. 1968): American hedge fund manager, entrepreneur, best-selling author, venture capitalist, and podcaster

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to you conscience...

white lie noun 1.       a minor, polite, or harmless lie; a fib.   W e’re raised to believe that little white lies are harmless. I suppose t...