Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Be proud of how you live your life....



It’s May 1, a day that traditionally celebrates springtime and honors workers. It’s got me thinking about all the people I’ve proudly worked with over the years, some I worked with or for directly and others that I networked with; some I still see from time to time and others I’m connected with on social media. One of the things I learned from all of them through all the years is the importance of the Golden Rule – treating others the way I wanted to be treated: it’s a lesson worth re-learning each year.  I often challenge colleagues and clients to find a way to include this in employee handbooks and training classes, to help promote the idea that we’re all in this together and should genuinely care about one another. It’s possible that this one rule could supplant all the others that populate our policies and procedures. Remind yourself often of this valuable rule and find ways to let this lesson permeate your thoughts and actions today.

Oprah Winfrey (b. 1954): American media proprietor, talk show host, actress, producer, and philanthropist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to you conscience...

white lie noun 1.       a minor, polite, or harmless lie; a fib.   W e’re raised to believe that little white lies are harmless. I suppose t...