Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Helping to find solutions is everyone's responsibility....


I’m late.  I’m usually good about getting these messages out early each day but this quote had me thinking more than most and the time got away from me. I ended up thinking about a nervous breakdown I had years ago that left me seriously depressed; before that I thought I knew about that stuff but after it happened I realized how little I understood about it or how many others suffered from it. I started talking about it with everyone I met and that’s when I realized those of us in that boat couldn’t bail water fast enough on our own to keep it and ourselves afloat. That’s when I really understood how much we need others to coach, counsel, mentor and lead us to find our way or learn to fly.  Listen and sense what’s really going on around you and look for opportunities to help. Turn ‘me’ into ‘we’ and learn how much change you can make happen today.  

June Jordan (1936 – 2002): Caribbean-American poet, essayist, teacher, and activist for issues of gender, race, immigration, and representation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be true to your school...

·        Are people loyal to you? ·        Are you loyal to those you should be loyal to?   T hink about that. There are any number of peopl...