Thursday, April 5, 2018

Be loyal to honest and fair service or friendship, not shallow promises or gimmicks...


“There’s something wrong with your character if “opportunity” controls your loyalty.” Sean Simmons

Seems like we can’t shop, eat, fly or stay anywhere without being asked to join a loyalty program. I remember when loyalty was earned by giving good service, food, opportunity, or friendship: we were glad to give it for nothing more than genuine kindness and satisfaction.  Years ago, I flew so often that I earned a free flight: the last thing I wanted to do after flying that much was get back on another plane. I once stayed at a hotel chain so often they awarded me a free two-night stay at any of their properties: that sounded cool until I found the only dates available were when they were doing extensive renovations. And the points I get for buying groceries don’t even come close to making up for the long faces and empty shelves of my neighborhood store. I’m loyal to those who are nice and friendly and fair and honest and thoughtful and kind to, and genuinely interested in, me. They earn my appreciation and loyalty the old-fashioned way by being good at what they do: no need to offer anything more than that.


Sean Simmons (1958-2002): American actor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looks for common ground...

L isten to the news and you’d think the world couldn’t get any more polarized. People talking at people rather than with them, all the while...