Friday, February 16, 2018

Help others....


I loved growing up in the 50s and 60s: nurtured by a loving and supportive family, a great neighborhood to play in, and long days filled with music and friends. I used to stay up nights in bed and listen to a transistor radio – the kind you had to clip on metal to get it to work: the words in those songs opened me up to the world beyond. So, the day someone invited me to help out in a Head Start program seemed like a natural extension of all the other neat things I’d been introduced to: all these years later I can look back and point to that day as the one that opened my eyes to helping others. Included in these intervening years have been passionate protests, singing harmonies with others, discovering beautiful vistas, working in HR, and helping others find successful and defining careers. Look back and find the day that inspired your passion and how it led you to today.


Samuel Langhorne Clemens (1835 –1910): Known by his pen name Mark Twain, was an American writer, humorist, entrepreneur, publisher, and lecturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be of good character...

char·ac·ter / ˈ ker( É™ )kt É™ r/ noun 1. the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual. ·         a person's good reputatio...