Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Change can be good....


I loved being Steve Wynn’s HR guy: I worked long hours and had the opportunity and support to create lots of cool stuff.  But I often wondered if there could be life after a career like that and whether I’d have an identity without my name being on a business card. Then I realized that it wasn’t an either/or proposition and that gave me the courage to leave one kind of work in search of another. The last 10 years of teaching and consulting, and writing these daily messages, has been equally exciting and rewarding. While I miss the people and pace of my former workplaces and roles, the times now when I’m on a client’s property and engaged with them can be just as interesting and challenging; the variety continues to give me opportunities to be professionally inspired and creative.  I wouldn’t have discovered that if I hadn’t the courage to make the change. Don’t stress about any changes you might face: keep sight of who you are and you will always find your way.


AndrĂ© Paul Guillaume Gide (1869 –1951): French author and winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1947

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to you conscience...

white lie noun 1.       a minor, polite, or harmless lie; a fib.   W e’re raised to believe that little white lies are harmless. I suppose t...